Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

While excited to see my family and meet Audrey, I was dreading the drive to Jennifer's. Ayden is a terrible traveler and we haven't traveled too far with Mackenzie. I had EVERY reason to dread the drive. It started out alright. I had kept them up during the day so they would be ready for a nap. That was a good idea. Both kids slept for about two hours. Once we got to Cincinnati Kenzie melted down! Now I am driving in 5 o'clock traffic and Kenzie is screaming. My nerves were frazzled. Thankfully she fell asleep again and we made it just south of Columbus before we stopped to eat. The last two hours of the trip were filled with whining from Ayden and crying from Kenzie. We decided to stay in a hotel for the night. Kenzie did not do well. I'm guessing she got around 5/6 hours of sleep. Oh well! 

We had a nice visit with my family and Josh's family. Audrey is precious. I was afraid it may give me baby fever, but I'm okay. Babies are a lot of work. The kids played well and did a photo shoot. 

Our drive home was more of the same. Kenzie slept for about 3 & 1/2 half hours before we stopped to eat. Then she proceeded to scream and cry the last two hours home. Brandon and I decide we can do about 4 hours before the kids just can't handle it. I'm grateful Jennifer does most of the traveling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment